View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2012, 10:22 PM   #38
itchy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaXJ View Post
That's where my head is at too. The TJ on 33s I had up till a few months ago did almost exactly what I needed, but there were a few minor issues I didn't like(most of which I fixed in order to sell it to a buddy ), and in order to get it to where I wanted it would've become another project("what I want" is a moving target that makes things that much harder)....last thing I need right now. I needed the money and an economical DD so down the road in went. Now I've got the overbuilt TJ project that I don't know how I'm gonna come up with the time or money to complete and I'd rather have something smaller and simpler. I know it'll be worth it when I get it done, but till then it's a bit of a headache that makes it hard to get motivated for.

A nice little CJ5 would be awesome, but without time and money for the TJ already, I'm not sure how adding another would help Just get yours done, keep it simple along the way, and enjoy the shit out of it for what it is!
Yeah it's crazy how this has come full circle huh? Everything had to be so crazy and extreme and now we jus want easy simple stuff. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porscheguy View Post
I don't know how tall you are but I'm 6'1" 230lbs and the willys and cj5 I had were a bit too tight for me... After 1/2 hr driving I was ready to be done. Have you looked into the Metalcloak line for the cj? The newer overline fenders look pretty slick on cj's/tj's and dont wreck the lines of the jeep.... with my 5.3,d44/8.8 and 33tires my jeep is 100% fun..... & fast... wife can get in + its easy to buckle in the 5yr.

With my 37's the jeep looks cool.... I need to pick my 5'3" wife up and set her inside. PITA to buckle the kid and with 4"lift and 600#'s of tires/rims even with 4 disk brakes, I still only feel safe going 65mph... drives fine but I always worry about some1 pulling out.

If I were you I would keep it on 33's and under a 2-3" lift... Don't hack the body up and get carried away. Your builds are always well thought out and your craftsmanship is top notch... I wish I was as motivated as you! I tig weld tool steel and just cant find the motivation to take on projects as large as yours... Subscribed!!!
I'm going to stay with the 33's and maybe pull a few inch's out of the lift. The proportions I'm concerned with are more based on aesthetics and the way it's going to look with a cage. I just think the 5's look a limit weird with a cage in them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep8499 View Post
Nice work. Your attention to detail is awesome.
Maybe I missed it, but where did you purchase the components to make the swing out spare tire carrier (spindle, latch, etc.)?
Thanks for the compliments. I bought the spindle assm. from A to Z fabrication.
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07125 seconds with 11 queries