Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - MC Hammer tj
Thread: MC Hammer tj
View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #117
chadcooper55
expert jeep disassembler

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaXJ View Post
If you're not gonna be using it hard enough to be sure you need remote resi then you definitely don't need 2.5" body. Save yourself a chunk of money, some trouble finding ideal spring rates for a decent cost, and lots of headaches with packaging and go with the 2" body. I seriously doubt you'll find their limit.
The reason I'm not sure if I need remote resi or if i need 2.0 or 2.5 is that I have never owned a rig with coilovers. I called king and radflo and they both highly suggested the 2.5, they said I would be borderline between the 2.0 and 2.5 so it would be smart to just go up to the 2.5. Profender doesn't have non REM res shock on their site so that is why I did the price comparison on the 2.5 REM res. I'm not set on anything right now I just wish I could find more positive reviews of the profenders. I am just nervous about dropping all that cash and be unhappy with my purchase.

Profender-
I'm sure your shocks work great but for $200 more I can get American made shocks with a great reputation instead of something made overseas that i can't find a whole lot of reviews about.

I won't be ordering shocks until I get the buggy mocked up further so I get the correct springs and valving. Lots of time to research! If i can actually find more info about profenders I may end up saving the $200 and get them.
chadcooper55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07287 seconds with 20 queries