Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - "Back to Basics" Early CJ-5 Resto-Mod
View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2012, 04:25 PM   #34
bbaXJ
Yooper In Training

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to bbaXJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy View Post
Thats exactly the reason I bought this thing. Just wanted to get back to where I was in 08 when I wrecked my CJ7 at Silver Lake. I sure miss being able to drive it to work if I wanted, and then go for a nice cruise with the wife, or take it out on the trail. Times were simple, and basic back then. Now it just seems like everything has to be so radical. Your rig aint shit these days if it doesn't have tons. I'm over that shit. I just wish this 5 had a little more room inside. The proprtions are killing me.

I can put you in a nice little cj5.....Very reasonably priced.....Some assembly requuired.
That's where my head is at too. The TJ on 33s I had up till a few months ago did almost exactly what I needed, but there were a few minor issues I didn't like(most of which I fixed in order to sell it to a buddy ), and in order to get it to where I wanted it would've become another project("what I want" is a moving target that makes things that much harder)....last thing I need right now. I needed the money and an economical DD so down the road in went. Now I've got the overbuilt TJ project that I don't know how I'm gonna come up with the time or money to complete and I'd rather have something smaller and simpler. I know it'll be worth it when I get it done, but till then it's a bit of a headache that makes it hard to get motivated for.

A nice little CJ5 would be awesome, but without time and money for the TJ already, I'm not sure how adding another would help Just get yours done, keep it simple along the way, and enjoy the shit out of it for what it is!
bbaXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08237 seconds with 20 queries