Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Prepper?
Thread: Prepper?
View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #35
zook94
Resident Jerkoff

Location: Saginaw, Michigan, USA, North America, Earth, Milky way
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I've got a lot of bagged dried soup mixes, beans, peas, carrots, etc. I also have a 5000 Gallon cistern in my basement that collects rain water, and a deep well in the back yard, as well as a shallow well. I can pull from any water source by quarter turn valves through the filters and softeners, then the well pump. We have 5 cats and 3 dogs, plenty of protein. The field behind me has plenty of Burdock root, and grapes galore, strawberries, wild raspberries, and a few other edible berries. 2 apple trees in the front yard, a peach tree, and a plum tree in the side yard, and a bartlett pear tree in the back yard. The neighbors that are never home, have an herb garden, I've stolen fresh thyme, cilantro, ramps, onions, chives, parsley, and a few others. I have a fireplace, and stacked about 4 cords of wood. Gas grill in the back yard, and I have a 100 gallon tank, 2 60 gallon tanks, and 4 20 gallon tanks all full. Heat and with natural gas, so it may be available to use, as I have a 5000W generator, which will run my HDTV, boiler pump, well pump, and other necessities. I'm not even trying to be ready, this is just what is around me for whatever reason.
zook94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04819 seconds with 20 queries