View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #32
jeepfreak81
81 inches of fun

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepfreak81 Send a message via MSN to jeepfreak81 Send a message via Yahoo to jeepfreak81

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
Something to consider concerning the tongue jack / stabilizer you've mounted. I used basically the same thing on my teardrop that I built. I thought it was good and secure. However, once you crawl in it it's surprising how much play there really is. The thing moves a bunch when you roll over. You'll have the same problem with your RTT mounted.

If I did it all over again, I would consider something like these as they would remove any play from the trailer. They can be found cheaper but this was the first that came up when I googled it. They mount underneath without really taking up any clearance and deploy easily without having the knee banger issue.
http://www.amazon.com/BAL-23025-Stab...abilizer+jacks

On the other hand, leaving the trailer hooked to the vehicle pretty much removes all movement when you sleep in it anyway. Generally, I just quickly hook back up if the trailer was disconnected and go to bed.
Wait until you see the lift mech, the play in those jacks will be the least of my worries

I am hoping it isn't too bad, but I will find out in a couple weeks. I'm hoping Adam gets the lift mechanism mostly done this week/next week so we can try to work the kinks out before our trip.
jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04611 seconds with 11 queries