Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - up north wheeling
View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2012, 03:09 PM   #9
montecarlo33
The Violator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
Snowmobile trails should never allow ORV's on them, unless they are part of a ORV route. Many snowmobile trails run through private property and are leased from funds from the MSA. I know if I was a land owner I wouldn't want truck/jeeps/rednecks/quads/3-wheelers on my property tearing everything to shit. I like offroading, but offroaders are some of the most disrespectful groups to the environment out there
Yeah thats what I ment they dont allow them but I see it constantly, and more this year than any other that I can remember but then again there is not "ORV routes" here in ostego county but in surrounding counties yes. I can also agree with the private land owners not opening the trails on their property for orv use, I wouldnt want that eather. Most of this property should be owned by the power company or state and logging companys I believe do most of the distruction of this land with taking down trees to trenching out the trails. The only point I was trying to make was all the miles of "seasonal roads" or unmarked 2 tracks that are directly connected to a seasonal road(not personal private property) its really easy to end up where you arnt suppose to be (powerline runs) and end up with a ticket if your not careful.
montecarlo33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06053 seconds with 20 queries