Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - "Back to Basics" Early CJ-5 Resto-Mod
View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2012, 10:00 PM   #24
itchy

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitzPixs View Post
Glad to see you finally started on this.....I also hope you keep your build plan as is....As hard as it will be to follow the K.I.S.S method....
I went thru a rough patch with the little cj. Its just in my nature to get carried away with what ever I do. I almost cut it up, and stretched the wheel base, four linked it, and was going to build a full dune rig. Long, low, trick suspension, and gobs of horspower....But then I realized that I have a mortgage, two car payments, insurance to pay, and no body to go to the dunes with anymore. Besides I didn't really want to cut this one up. Its way to nice. I figured I could buy any crappy YJ/TJ down the road and build a trail rig if I wanted. It sat for most of the spring and summer with nothing getting done to it. I tried to sell it on Pirate, and Ebay, but had no bites, so after coming to my senses, I figured this was what I intially wanted in the first place. I really just want a nice clean cruiser I can take to the dunes If I want, or go grab a cup of coffee with the wife. I'm tired of dumping thousands of dollars into these things, and then taking them out and destroying them in one weekend.

What is this KISS method that I keep seeing? I must be out of the loop...

Last edited by itchy; August 2nd, 2012 at 10:14 PM.
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06035 seconds with 20 queries