Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - what do you not like about church/going to church?
View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2006, 01:50 PM   #98
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
19 years of being a good catholic, but in the last couple of years I started to see the hypocrisy. I saw how politics and religion seem to go hand in hand. I also found myself questioning what I was being taught more and more.

So, no more church for me. I fell I don't need someone else telling me how to be a good person, I can screw that up just fine on my own.

I am married to a woman who is a recognized minister of her faith. I think that is good enough for the whole family. (oh, and she does not push what she believes on others, at least not our friends and those we know as a couple)

So, in a nutshell, why I don't go to church. Hypocrisy, Politics and the realization that I do not need it to be happy in life.
What type of hypocrisy do you mean? From the congregation or priest?

What church does your wife minister in? What do you suppose keeps her going?

Do you think that churches are able to do things that bring happiness/joy into the lives of those involved? If so, what do you wish your church would have been more about? Helping people?
Dave Kerwin is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06116 seconds with 20 queries