Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Business owners didn't build thier business?
View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2012, 05:23 AM   #70
opie
www.krissplicing.com

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Welcome to modern society. This has been going on since, oh, about, the fucking beginning of history.
Fortunately we have that history to look back on. How has it worked out in the past when Governments have become bloated to the point ours has? Look at Spain, Italy, Europe as a whole.

Quote:
I agree that there's to much regulation, But I don't know if any sort of "equilibrium" would have been reached before we poisoned ourselves out of existence.
Have we as a race done some stupid things? Sure have. 20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Quote:
My guess would be wild swings from boom to bust like we have seen in other times of low taxation.
Seems we are busting right now. The Governments coffers have swelled. At what point is there nothing left to take? Government Debt has tripled in the last 4 years. Government has been printing money and now the answer to cover that paper is to force the citizens to pay the note? How irresponsible is that? And why does it continue? Because enough of the voting base is kept happy with bread and circuses.
opie is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06623 seconds with 20 queries