Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Business owners didn't build thier business?
View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2012, 01:06 AM   #68
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
A friend of mine owns a number of business properties valued at a couple million dollars (gross). He pays over $40K in property taxes anually and has to work a full time job because his rental business is not producing like it used to. So I guess he should also get a part time job along with his full time joan (and find time to maintain 62 rental units) to pay even more into the system because Johnny Noskills is upset because he got a water bill.

I pay nearly $5K in property taxes and I also have to pay personal property tax on equipment for my business that I already paid taxes on when I bought the equipment! Don't forget, I'm also expected to collect sales tax and send that to the proper government authorities too.
I don't know why your friend cannot earn a decent return on his millions of assets, so I can't comment on that.

All of the taxes you mentioned are state or local taxes, so What Obama does doesn't effect these.
brewmenn is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07196 seconds with 20 queries