Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 1978 F-150 Stock Truck & Formula Bronco.
View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2012, 11:10 PM   #19
Joxracing

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Race Report:

Crandon, June 16th or something like that:
Took 7th out of 9 trucks on saturday. It was alex's first race, so he wasnt pushing the truck much. After the race, we noticed a small miss resulting in him having to feather the throttle out of corners. Also discovered that the reverse band was smoked out of the C4. Who cares, dont need any reverse anyway. Sunday in Crandon the bronco took another 7th place. Pushing a little harder.

Alex Suits up for the first race.

Little pep talk from brother Eric in staging

Antigo: July 6th and 7th
Super muddy track conditions most of the weekend. Very rutted too. Saturday Alex took a 5th, pushing the truck pretty hard. Blew a tire on the last 3 laps, lost a door skin, and a drive shaft loop, blew a radius arm bushing out, resulting in tweaking the bump can. On Sunday, he took an official 5th, but should have had 3rd. He was a lap down when the competition yellow came out, so he passed to make the lap up and to get in order, which is frowned upon, so they took his lap away. Blew a tire the last 2 laps too. Both tires blown were fronts being rolled off the beads from the ruts. Time for beadlocks. The miss was cured though, and the truck ran great.

The heavy clay/mud literally broke body hoops and crushed panels.

We are now prepping for Bark River, August 10th weekend. Ill be making my Stock Truck debut at Bark River. I'm pretty jacked about that. I'll try to get some more buiild pics up of it soon.

Top plates from Bear Cat Fab for the stock truck...

Bark River prep is upon us... Like our huge shop?!
Joxracing is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08351 seconds with 20 queries