Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 1981 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler
View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2012, 09:44 AM   #1
white1500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 1981 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

This is a PROJECT VEHICLE, Lot Drives. I have to many projects going at the moment and I have no time to complete this. This Scrambler has allot of potential. The Frame is bad, but I have a replacement that is included in the sale. The entire Tub, Tailgate, Hood, & Fender's are Fiberglas. The only metal body part's are the Door's, Header Panel, & Dash. I also have another set of full metal door's, a set of soft half door's along with an extra header & dash. (all included) This Jeep has a 350 Chevy V8 with Header's, H.E.I. Distributor, & an Edelbrock Carb. Not sure if there is any performance part's internally or not. Turbo 350 Trans with B&M Shifter. Factory Transfer Case & Axle's? (I Think) There is also allot of Stainless part's on it, Grille, Hinge's, Latch's, Mirror's, etc. Both Seat's are in descent shape and there are a few Misc. Autometer Gauges. I am not a Jeep enthusiast, this was going to be my first. I do know that the Scrambler's are very hard to find and that they are very desirable. Clear title in hand.

Note: I have replaced the front brake's (Pads & Rotor's) along with a new master cylinder. Start's right up, but it will overheat if left running due to the electric fan inop? My plan was to rebuild from the ground up, I started by making it a lot driver and that is where it stand's. I will be happy to answer any questions that you may have. I have several photo's that can be emailed, I can also take and send specific photo's as requested. Please call me if you are interested or if you have any question's or request's. I do not check this site very often so a phone call will ensure a timely response.

Asking $5300 o.b.o
Steve : 248-240-6138
Attachment 94461Click image for larger version

Name:	P7040001.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	94462
white1500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06872 seconds with 21 queries