View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2012, 09:16 AM   #30
Nuggets
I fix stuff!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosecat View Post
I was offered a 2006 dodge 2500hd long bed 4x4 it has 73000 miles. It looks like it's in great shape, and it's a 4door. I know it's probably too big to go trails and that doesn't bother me. But would it be to big to go offroad with?
Personally, I think that truck would suck off road. You want something with a modestly short wheel base to effectivly off road with. Since you are just starting out, I would suggest a Jeep Cherokee or a Suzuki Samurai. Both these vehicles can be bought fairly cheap and they are both tough as hell considering what you would pay. I would also suggest having a daily driver you don't off road because as you become more experienced off road, you well test your vehicle capabilities to the point that you WILL break something. If you are wheeling your daily driver, you will now be in a world of hurt unless you have another vehicle to drive.

I would get the truck and use it as a tow rig for your trail beater. You can get a off road vehicle and trailer for $2000-$3000, then you DD driver will remain unmolested.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04053 seconds with 11 queries