Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Looking for advice
View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2012, 06:53 AM   #26
moosecat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
I'll offer some input. It's hard to make an "everything" vehicle. As you add capabilities to your rig, you will be subtracting favorable characteristics from from your vehicle. As you add lift and big tires, your rig's road manners and braking become unfavorable. The truely "everything" vehicle does not exist. Instead you have choose or build a vehicle that is a compromise on all fronts so it does ok on the road and pretty good off road. When you go one direction or the other something must give way. You can have a great trail rig, great mud bogger, great sand dragger, great rock crawler, or great road driver, but a vehicle that is capable of anything you throw at it doesn't exist.

Hope this helps guide you with your choices.
Excellent point and great advice. I should have thought of that on my own. Now I just have to decide which attribute that I want more. Since it will be an everyday vehicle, I'll opt for better road handling and be satisfied with (acceptable) off road performance. Thx

Last edited by moosecat; July 12th, 2012 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Better wording
moosecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06681 seconds with 20 queries