View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #30
WSU JK

Location: Lowering the Per-Capita Income of Bloomfield Hills since 2009!
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrail302 View Post
Man where did you find american clothes? seriously, I want to go there. I hate the fact that most of my clothers are made from a 7 year old half way across the world!
The prices for American-made clothing are generally higher than the junk you will get at Macy's or some other department store, but since I made a concerted effort to start buying more American-made clothing a few years ago I can see a HUGE difference in the quality of the clothing. And these days, 95% of the stuff I have that isn't made in the U.S. is made in Canada, the U.K., Japan, or Germany. These are countries (along with some other ones out there) where you are generally assured that the workers are being paid a living wage and are employed in conditions that would not raise an eyebrow here.

Where do I actually buy my clothes?
There are two stores in Birmingham that have a very good selection of American-made clothing: The Claymore Shop and Carl Sterr. Both have great service but the Claymore Shop has a wider range of prices. My shoes for the office come from Alden, my casual shoes come from Rancourt, and I have a few pair of work boots (Chippewa, Red Wing). If you want a pair of khakis/chinos that will last a lot longer and fit much nicer than a pair of Dockers, Claymore carries Bill's Khakis which are made in Pennsylvania out of cotton still grown here in the U.S.A. If the price is too steep, all of the pants that the online store Bonobos carries are made here, but of imported cotton.

Besides those places, a lot of brands still have some items that are made here: Brooks Brothers (socks, ties, oxford cloth shirts, and some suits and sport coats), Filson (some of their coats and other outdoor gear), LL Bean, Levis's are just a few that I can think of off the top of my head.
WSU JK is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04560 seconds with 11 queries