Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Supreme court upholds Obamacare
View Single Post
Old July 4th, 2012, 12:07 AM   #63
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJEEP View Post
I am actually pretty confused about Obamacare and its effects. So right now there are 30 million uninsured people. These are people who do not qualify for Medicaid or Medicare, they are strictly uninsured. Starting in 2014 these people will be required to buy insurance? Is that really the major change this plan is going to bring? Will I continue to be able to get health insurance through my current and future employers? How is Medicaid and Medicare effected? Is there going to be a government plan offered?
If you have insurance available to you that you can afford you will be required to buy it or pay a fee/penalty/tax, which is supposed to help pay for the cost of providing medical care to the uninsured.

In theory you should still be able to get insurance through your employer, just as now. Some people are claiming that employers will quit offering medical insurance. I'm not sure why they think this.

Medicaid and Medicare will still exist, with changes. Likely these programs get expanded.

I think there will be government plans, but maybe not available to everyone. They may be needs based.
brewmenn is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04892 seconds with 20 queries