Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - U.P. Honeymoon ideas???
View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:10 PM   #4
mtnbikinbryno

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mtnbikinbryno

I would go the other way. Start at Drummond, and then head west to Taq, and then keep heading west from there.

If you do that I would recommend hiking to Chapel Beach near Grand Marais. It's about a 3 mile hike one way, but when you get there it's freaking amazing. You will see what I mean when you get there.

Then you can move on to Munising - there is a freshly paved stretch of highway between Grand Marais and Munising that is pretty cool. Once in Munising you can stay for pretty cheap at the Best Western or Holiday Inn (don't remember which) on top of the hill just west of town, with a great view of the lake. There is a guide service out of Munising offering kayak tours of Pictured Rocks or Grand Island - the one you go to depends on the wind/waves that day. Very fun, and reasonably priced. There are also a bunch of waterfalls and other awesome places right around Munising.

If you want to keep moving west from there you start to get into Marquette, Houghton, and Copper Harbor...

We did the UP on our honeymoon last summer, it's a great time.
mtnbikinbryno is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04793 seconds with 20 queries