Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Supreme court upholds Obamacare
View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2012, 08:35 AM   #48
GreaseMonkey

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stratman View Post
And stop the red tape brigade where you have paperwork having to go through 27 offices for things to get done, and narrow it down to 2 or 3 tops. And start rejecting people that go to the emergency room for a sore throat. And bring back the $30 Dr's office visit for sore throats.

A buddy of mine knows an EMT in Indy that says he regularly has people who call 911 to get an ambulance to their house so they can say they don't feel good, then use the ambulance ride to the hospital to save cab fare.

Tweak the system we already have, don't wipe it out and start all over again. Obamacare is just another powergrab. The war on poverty hasn't worked since it's inception in the Johnson administration. The war on drugs hasn't worked since Reagan started it...what makes anyone think the war on health care will be any different?
My wife is an ER doctor, and sees bullshit like that all the time. People have told her straight to her face that they won't pay their ER bill. Something around 50% of ER bills ever get paid. The hospital ends up losing more money using collections going after these people because by the time it's negotiated down or repaid it's a loss. So hospitals charge as much as they can to medicare and medicaid, and spread the cost to everyone else.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05519 seconds with 20 queries