Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Golden Corral
Thread: Golden Corral
View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2012, 12:13 PM   #29
Haggar
Covered in mud...

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread View Post
I'm mixed on the authenticity of far east cuisine. I prefer the non-noodle dishes, and pick through some of the veggies (e.g. I'll eat the occasional bamboo shoot, but don't want eleventy billion of them) - love the heat/spice, but don't really want to have the food sweats if I'm heading back to work

my sister in law is 2nd or 3rd generation chinese depending on how you view chinese people that first stopped off in the Philippines (her parents grew up in the Philippines, and grand parents were mainland china) - she doesn't like her own native food - on the other hand, her husband, my baby brother loved eating authentic chinese food when they were in mainland china for 3 weeks.

regardless, I can count on one hand the number of times in the past decade that I have been in the Oakland Mall area :|
Yeah, I am too. I go to Hong Kong and mainland China from time to time, so I get 'real' chinese food. noodle and rice dishes here seem like basic/peasant food there. Like what we offer at our workers cafeteria is similar to most basic takeout here in the US. All the nice chiense restaurants we go to over there are nothing like I see over here.
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05317 seconds with 20 queries