Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Project: Frankenburban (a 3/4 ton story)
View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2012, 08:23 AM   #5
Rx7Kevin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

updates!!!

well, "updates"

This thing was brought up to texas between 04-06 and began sitting around 07. did a few little things and have drove it for 20 minutes until last weekend I took it to frankfort/traverse area for a 500 mile weekend camping trip. No problems, everything worked and didn't break down!

I had to replace the headlamp adjuster screws but those plastic ones still suck so they are aimed better but I would like it higher.

Had to re-wire license plate light

added drop hitch and ball

still needs a windshield

lubed locks/doors/windows

more bedliner for wheel wells and underside.

aaaaand I had this laying around so I mounted it up, fits perfectly on where the pin that held the auto trans shifter for this column was originally in.

Its got 4.10 gears, I was getting 13mpg over 500 miles or so w/ a high idle driving roughly 60mph when cruising.

I am likely going to have to re-wire the wiper and headlamp circuits, the connectors are all corroded don't get a good enough contact, looks like they may not be getting the correct volts or amperage through the circuit. That may be some of my headlamp issue but i still think they are aimed low and those plastic threads are stupid.

Last edited by Rx7Kevin; June 26th, 2012 at 08:30 AM.
Rx7Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07457 seconds with 20 queries