View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #1
cerial

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default Looking for a air temp sensor. Help please.

I am looking for a 12 volt/30 amp air temp sensor/relay that I can put in a box and will kick a fan on when the temp is below 90 degrees and shut off once the temp has reached 90 degrees.

Why the heck would I want to mess with this?

I want to run propane and during the winter months with this buggy. During the winter months propane can loose up to 40% of its efficiency due to the temperature drop. That is worth messing around keeping the tanks warm in my book.
I will put 2 10gallon tanks inside a insulated box with the air temp sensor inside. Using a secondary (so it will not vent LP inside the cabin in the event of a line burst) heater core/fan outside the insulated box I can push warm heat into the box heating the tanks after 5-10 minutes of run time. The issue is that I do not want the insulated box to get to hot. Considering it will be roughly 5 square feet with 1" of insulation it will heat up rather quickly.

I am looking for something either programmable or that is set to run up to/shut off at 70-90 degrees. Something that would run off 30 amps, would be ideal and I would use a relay for the fan.

I am coming across tons of 120 volt switches with air conditioners and such but none with a 12 volt application. Know this is a long shot but tossing it out there if anyone knows of anything that would work in this application.

Last edited by cerial; June 25th, 2012 at 05:38 PM. Reason: inside cabin fix
cerial is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04642 seconds with 11 queries