Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - GL4x4 Motorcycle Club
View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #621
Coyote Red

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUSER View Post
I really enjoy the KLR, it has its limitations, but I can ride down the highway for a while, see a side road and jump on it, then run down a two track and head home. Many adventure bikes can do that, but not many for $3K

Besides I'm too old, feble and blind to ride single track anymore. Two tracks is the toughest I can handle.
The KLR will do EVERYTHING, but nothing well. The reason I got a KLR was it would do everything like you said for one helluva good price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine_mike View Post
Ditched the older enduros and am picking up a kxl650 and drz400.
If you plan to single track it I would go with the DRZ, if you want to cruise the E-way I would recommend the KLX.

Now mine:

1993 XR650L with a Clarke tank, Super Trapp exhaust, 675cc bore, and a diet program. I have had the bike in my name for about a month and have put 800 non-commuting miles on already. I am hoping to break 1000 by the end of the month. If any one has a set of rims for sale I am interested; 100 miles a day on pavement will destroy a knobby.

Last edited by Coyote Red; June 25th, 2012 at 12:33 PM.
Coyote Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06502 seconds with 20 queries