Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Boats and Hoes....prop vs jet boats
View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2012, 05:18 PM   #118
Mihlfeldl2005
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Mihlfeldl2005 Send a message via Skype™ to Mihlfeldl2005

So back on topic...

There is a lot of data that will really go either way. I work at Wilson Marine in Howell, Mi and to be perfectly honest. Both boats have their ups and downs. But usually it comes down to six key factors that people look for when making a boat purchase.

Safety
Performance
Appearance
Comfort
Economy (Cost to Run)
Dependability

Now there are arguments each way as to which category goes to which boat (Prop V. Jet)

Props have been around a LOT longer than jet drives, there are also more companies that make a conventional stern drive boat than do a jet drive.

The only two big boat companies that still make a jet drive are Sea Doo and Yamaha. Companies such as Bayliner and Searay have made jet drives in the past, but have discontinued those models.

The number of stern drive manufacturers in the world is ridiculous, just off the top of my head I can think of atleast twenty or more.

So my question is, if it were as efficient, safe, high performing, or dependable as everyone says it is? Wouldn't more boat companies make a jet drive?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
Mihlfeldl2005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05809 seconds with 20 queries