Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Boats and Hoes....prop vs jet boats
View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2012, 12:03 PM   #105
I'm not old, honest...
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)

Originally Posted by bdd1469 View Post
I know of at least one malibu on my lake that has 100 hrs on it this season.If you live on a lake and have teenage kids,your boat will not be shut off unless it is out of fuel.
Most boats sit 90% of the time,but there are a some kids on my lake that ski/tube all day,till after dark.
If I go to hardy dam for a weekend of boating it probobly involves 3-4 hrs of actual boating. So thats probobly around the 20hr a season kickstand mentioned.
It really depends on the type of boating. Use a slalom course for example. Each pass is less than 20 seconds. The rules on our course is you get 6 passes or 3 falls per set. So, a full set is 3 minutes. 3 guys in the boat, 2 sets each and that is 18 minutes plus another 5 idling to and from the course. Do that 3 days a week, 4 weeks a month for 4 months = about 20 hours a year.
Now, when I was driving comps, we practiced 2 nights a week, 2 hours a night plus the slalom skiing plus my kids doing individual practice of at least 2 hours a week each plus we did a show or comp every other week for an hour. So, during the heavy season, i was wracking up close to 40 hours a month. I can assure you, that is A LOT of boat time!

Recreation tubing, wake boarding and skiing has a lot of down time between skiers and sets. An hour on the water may only result in 15 minutes of actual run time.
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.07637 seconds with 20 queries