View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2012, 10:31 AM   #1
Dale Larsen

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default My "71 FJ40" build

I started this this less than 6 months ago, a friend on mine built the frame/body. I put on this 71 fj 40 front clip and I have done everything by myself. I will tri to get more pics but for some reason my I pad won't let me upload them. I have a 496 BBC al heads hydraulic roller motor 11-1 on pump gas,2500 stall 400 turbo,I made my own 241 dub or gear reduction box, adaptor, output and input shafts that mate up to another 241 t-case. So I have 2.75 all the time with the other case is 7.5 lo lo or 2.75 lo. Witch works great with my axles that are 06 superduty 1ton's that are 3.73 yes that's right 3.73 they have a much bigger pinion in them and I think are stronger. This is a budget build also so no bustin my balls. Lol ok axles are welded front and back, full 4 wheel drive Kinda. I mad two vacuum switches for the front end that turn on and off each wheel from the cab. With a switch I can have 2 wheel or three wheel left or right and 4 wheel drive lo lo or lo there is a shit load of gear with the 3.73 on 46 claws on 8inch rims. Suspension is all coil overs with 4 link in the back and modified stock Radius "dog bone" in the front, lengthened with really light springs rides and flexes great. More to come and if anyone wants to go to my face book there are all the pic from day one. And even the crazy paint that I just got done i have only had this out three times and my pic on my aavv is the last time 2 weeks ago at twisted trails on the the big big wall :) that I attempted twice and rolled twice it was a blast can not wait to tri it again

Last edited by Dale Larsen; June 21st, 2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Spelling
Dale Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06759 seconds with 11 queries