View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #17
chris1044

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepxj2007 View Post
I didn't want to start the debate of why I am doing it over EFI other than the fact its simple...would efi work better for what I am doing? probably....I want everything to look nice and neat on the truggy I am building and you can see in both wheel wells clear as day...I don't know if you realize how much bullshit is on a 91 from all the emissions to all the vacuum crap but it doesn't exactly look nice and neat...and if I spend all the time swapping it in from the truck to the project truck I might as well give up now....I want the simplicity of the carb, and wanted to run a C6 trans and didn't really know what the computer would think as far as trying to run the engine without the E40D hooked up....down the road when my project is completed yes I may swap fuel injected stuff on but everything has to start somewhere and this is the easiest way to get this going right now and make it look clean.
Understandable. If you don't know alot about EFI, that's fine...and if timing doesn't allow for research to learn, the swap away.

That said, as mentioned it can be done. If you're willing to learn/try, there's a ton of info out there and alot of ppl here that can help...albeit slower than you'd likely want. To do what needs to be done (clean routing), you need to know the basics about electronics...and be able to properly crimp/solder wires.

Regardless, use gaskets from the 91's heads if you swap manifolds. You can even get others that don't quite match (smaller) and open them up if you so desire...
chris1044 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04848 seconds with 11 queries