Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Putting the boat in the water this weekend... Questions
View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2012, 08:40 AM   #12
SULLY313

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I'm pretty sure it wasn't an option. All the others I've found in FS ads on the net all have 3.0L OMC setups. I'm finding it rather difficult to find specific information on it. Only information I could find was on the NADA site that calls the 3.0L "included". My sample size was only 5 or so. Most ads for a Renken 2052's are for parts :) .

1987 Renken 2052 Classic Cuddy

My only concern is everything in the back is sitting lower in the water than it would have with the 3.0L. For example. The swim step is in the water, the hole through the hull for the speedo and depth finder is very close to the water line and does get momentarily submerged when we're sitting and experience some waves from the side. I'm also assuming that more of the outdrive is sitting in the water than it normally would so I'm not sure if that would cause any issues as well.

I thought the motor mounts looked like a custom job. Also the engine cover was "modified" to make room for the nose of the PS pump pully.

Last edited by SULLY313; June 11th, 2012 at 08:49 AM.
SULLY313 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05572 seconds with 20 queries