Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - transmission governor
View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2012, 08:23 PM   #2
Keep on truckin
Kodiak450r's Avatar
Join Date: 11-14-07
Location: Waterford, MI
Posts: 5,937
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

depends what trans you have. they all do basically the same thing, but if you have an electronic trans it's not just something you can eliminate. the governor is what regulates upshifts. on a chevy 700r4 and similar older transmissions it is a mechanical device that spins in relation to road speed. the faster you go the faster it spins. it is connected to a spool valve that directs fluid to different shift valves depending on position. the throttle valve on the other hand is connected to the throttle and fights the governor to prevent upshifts depending on throttle position.
Kodiak450r is offline   Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.13196 seconds with 22 queries