Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Weekend Jeepin, & the DNR
View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2012, 11:15 AM   #4
bdd1469
bdd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to bdd1469

I had a similer experience monday in the yankee springs game area.I was riding my dual sport and had stopped tp check for a call I was expecting.I was on my phone when Dnr guy pulled up.I figured he would want all my info and check my bike over to make sure it was legal.He just waved and said to have a nice day,I was suprized to say the least.Im totally legal,as is my bike,but it was refreashing.
The oceana county cop that pulled me over sat in silver lake was nice enough,but very educated.He pulled me over because I was standing up on my bike.He said I was being unsafe and he didnt want me to get hurt if someone pulled out in front of me.I was polite at first,then got a little pissie with him when he wouldnt listen.
I tried to explain that standing up is not illegal,and is a safer position to ride in then sitting.It's called the attack position,on a bike.When you are standing up you are able to move in any direction in an instant. I told him that I wont tell him how to be a cop,and he will not tell me how to ride my bike.He left after running my plate and license.
I know the real reason he pulled me over is because my bike looks like a yz250 with a headlight,he figured he had a punk kid on a dirtbike with the wrong plate.
bdd1469 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06032 seconds with 20 queries