Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Boat Forums?
Thread: Boat Forums?
View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2012, 11:46 AM   #5
SULLY313

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
there isn't much to anything else...if you have questions ask on here, plenty of boat guys here willing to help
Power steering pump leaks so I was trying to cross reference to an automotive pump. They're pretty much the same but the difference I see is the return line location to the resevoir. Saginaw pumps came with a number of return line config's from what I can see. I know I will have to swap the spring, valve and high pressure fitting from my old pump to retain the same line pressure. I thought it was leaking from the bottom of the pinch weld of the resevoir but looking at it closer, that may not be the case. So, I want to replace the whole asy.

$400 for a Mercruiser pump is ridiculous.

PO's quick fix. Missed a spot though.

The power steering return line from the "Rack" (not sure of the boat term) to the cooler so I'm wondering what the cheapest fix is for this. Its leaking right at the rubber hose as it goes into the fitting to the "Rack". Would I be ok if I just cut the hose, cut the compression joint off the fitting and clamp it? I'm assuming there isn't alot of pressure on the return line if its anything like a car.

$200 for a Mercruiser hose is ridiculous.

Last edited by SULLY313; May 29th, 2012 at 11:59 AM.
SULLY313 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07250 seconds with 20 queries