Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - JCR DIY Bumper Kits
View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2012, 01:25 AM   #14
Paintballpsyco236

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Paintballpsyco236 Send a message via MSN to Paintballpsyco236 Send a message via Yahoo to Paintballpsyco236

Saw the link for these in the upper corner of the site, they do look pretty cool too. Been thinking about getting a rear kit to save me the bulk of my custom bumper fab time and whatnot, then add the modifications to it I was going to custom do anyways, but then lost my job so for now the rear bumper is on hold lol.

I did do another custom bumper thing for the front, bought a Nates 4x4 bumper in pieces and while I still haven't finished putting it together, it is pretty easy. I bought the recessed winch mount bumper for my XJ with the intent to do the winch at a later time. Well, my uncle in Florida mentioned one day he had "an old winch on the floor of his garage...". The issue was getting it home, but about a month ago my dad and I flew down there and drove a car back we bought from my Grandpa and the winch was waiting in the trunk for me:) Turned out to be an older 12,000lb Warn winch!! Totally different mounting setup though than the plate from the bumper kit so now I have to redesign the whole front of it and gusset the hell out of it... Just hope to God it won't tear the front end apart, or the bumper off lol.

Anyone else on here done one of the kits?

Paint
Paintballpsyco236 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06802 seconds with 20 queries