Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - St Helen rock course 5/18/12
View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2012, 08:50 AM   #72
GMKLR50
Broke wheeler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have been there a few times now and have noticed the changes but watching a few go up the ledges you can understand how the rocks are moving so quickly. That skinny pedal is the only way it seems to get up there once your at that point and backing up is just as hard. This is also causing the runs to get wider cause the easy lines are just off the rocks.

Looking at how narrow the runs started and how they are now, I also understand how there getting wider.

Many of the people trying the rocks are just like me, new to the sport, and run in to problems. Its not like there have been many places to try this out prior to St.Helen on public lands.

My first run I broke and got stuck in the middle of the run to the far left of the tubes. There looked like there was a run off that got blocked that would have been perfect to get me out but it was blocked by a pile of trees. I spent hours backing it back down a few feet at a time. I didn't want to make a trail, cause that would ruin the run, but not everyone thinks like me.

I think everyone is complaining about something that there is little control over. Not everyone thinks of how your going to leave something for other to use.

I understand that if the runs get to hard no one will use them, but if they all stay easy with the rocks where you would like them none of the larger rigs will use them and that can lead to less wanting to go there.

I think that before large sums of monies are spent on replacing the rocks and rebuilding the trails, maybe there should be a sign put up saying something simple like "Please enjoy the area but please try to leave it how you found it for other to enjoy". Sometimes a $20 sign reminding people works best.
GMKLR50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06978 seconds with 20 queries