Alaskan Motorcycle Adventure Made Easy
For those of you who have dreamed of an opportunity to ride your motorcycle in Alaska, the time has finally come!
Route 55 Transport LLC is organizing an Alaskan adventure trip for the month of August 2012, offering door to door nationwide transport of your motorcycle, as well as support and transport in Alaska to make your trip even easier. Here are the details:
• During Mid-July 2012 Route 55 Transport will be travelling the United States picking up motorcycles from your homes or agreed upon meeting locations. Since Route 55 Transport’s home base is Marine City, Michigan, motorcycles located in the eastern half of the United States will be picked up earlier in July. Exact pickup dates will be determined by the location of the individuals who sign up for this adventure, and exact dates will be arranged with each individual no sooner than the end of June.
• Motorcycles will be transported in an enclosed, locked, carpeted trailer equipped with E-track and do not need to be crated. Route 55 will supply a variety of bike chocks and tie downs, however if your motorcycle takes a special way of securing, you will be responsible for supplying those items, which will be returned to you at the end of the trip. Motorcycles can have bags, panniers, and camping equipment attached for no additional charge. There will be an extra charge for Trikes, sidecars, and choppers/extended fork motorcycles.
• Transportation to and from Anchorage is up to you to arrange. Route 55 Transport has worked many times in the past with St. Clair Travel, and they have been able to beat many online airline prices. You can reach them at 810-329-7165.
• Route 55 Transport will be in Anchorage by Monday July 30th and ready for you to pick up your motorcycles. From there the adventure is up to you, as is lodging. Route 55 will depart Anchorage August 31st and return the motorcycles to their owners across the United States in early September.
Anchorage Transportation and Storage
During your stay in Alaska Route 55 has teamed up with a local motorcycle enthusiast and great longtime personal friend that is located in a nice suburban area of Anchorage. This will be the muster point for pick up and drop off of the motorcycles. This enthusiast is also offering transport to and from Anchorage airport, as well as storage of motorcycles for those who do not wish to spend the entire month of August in Alaska. His rate for transportation to and from the airport is $30 per person per trip. His rate for inside, secure, motorcycle storage is $5 per day. You can pay him directly, or you can request to be billed through Route 55 Transport. Transportation to and from the airport and times for picking up/dropping off motorcycles are limited August 15th-23rd, outside arrangements may be necessary during those times, so please do not plan to fly in or out during that timeframe.
While in Alaska Route 55 Transport will offer limited towing services should you have a problem with your motorcycle that cannot be fixed on-site. Some dates, times, and areas may not be available, however Route 55 Transport and our Anchorage friend will help to make your trip as easy as possible. The rate for pick-up of broken down motorcycles and transport to the Anchorage muster point or an Anchorage repair facility is $1.00 per loaded mile.
The rate for round trip transport per motorcycle from Route 55 Transport’s Marine City, Michigan Shipping Terminal to and from Anchorage, AK is $900
The rate for round trip transport from the states of WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, NV, UT, CO, ND, SD, NE, KS, MN, IA, MO, WI, IL, MI, IN, KY, and OH is $1,300 per motorcycle.
The rate for round trip transport from the states of CA, AZ, NM, TX, OK, AR, LA, MS, TN, AL, GA, SC, NC, FL, VA, WV, and Washington D.C. is $1,500 per motorcycle.
The rate for round trip transport from the states of PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY*, ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT is $1,750 per motorcycle.
Canadian customers please contact for pricing
All pricing is at a greatly discounted round trip price. One way transport can be arranged for 25% less the round trip price. Pick up and drop off from different states will be charged at the rate for the state furthest away.
*A $150 (each way) per motorcycle fee applies to motorcycles requiring pickup or drop-off in the city of New York due to extravagant bridge and toll fees.
• The above rates are for standard type motorcycles only. Trikes, sidecars, choppers, and extended fork motorcycles please contact Route 55 Transport for pricing.
• Route 55 Transport may offer group pricing, when motorcycles are picked up and dropped off from the same location. Contact Route 55 Transport for more information.
A $500 non-refundable deposit is required to book a space for this trip. The remaining balance is due upon initial motorcycle pick-up. Route 55 Transport will update trip information and available spots left at
or you can call, text, or email.
Route 55 Transport is a fully licensed and insured transport company and is excited to be offering this unique adventure opportunity. Alaska can be a once in a lifetime trip, and what better way to see it then on your own motorcycle!
Please call, email, or text for additional information or to book your space on this great adventure. Spaces are limited, so book early!
Route 55 Transport LLC
Keith Kodet 810-614-8038