Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Same Sex Marriage?
View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2012, 10:10 AM   #182
opie
www.krissplicing.com

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
Christians != Catholics.

And have you given any thought as to why there seems to be so much molestation among the priesthood? Care to read my theory?

First of all, not all priests molest / rape children: for every one we hear about, (though I'm sure there are more that are not caught) there are THOUSANDS who do NOT molest boys. But as a profession, it seems like there is more than their fare share, and the type of transgression is quite ironic. Or, is it?

Think of a young man, raised to know and love God: Upon reaching puberty, this young man finds he is attracted to other men and not at all interested in women. He knows in his heart how he feels, and he knows it is quite a sin in the lord's eyes. So, instead of sinning with other men, he makes a vow to the lord and becomes a priest. Perfect rationalization: "I can remain celibate and serve God - and maybe - he will grant me the strength to keep from sin."
So the priest grows older and lonelier, meanwhile, he has not lost strength and succumbed to his true feelings for other men. He is part of a church, knows and loves his "flock" and helps many in the community. Let's not forget, not for a moment, that a priest is still a man - and after many years of celibacy - starts the shenanigans among the some of the young boys he supervises, often alone.

This man's only failing to this point was being human and trying to the best he could not to sin and to serve God. It's very sad. This is not to say that some priests are dirtbags / predators intentionally maneuvering to molest kids, statistics tells us it must exist too. But to denounce all Catholic priests as child molesters is no better than the crap Fred Phelps spews whenever there is a chance.
Only have my phone so ill touch on two points now and address the rest this evening.

I did not say "all."

I don't care "why." The devastation caused by it far outweighs the gay marriage issue.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
opie is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06381 seconds with 20 queries