View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:58 AM   #179
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Ok, I will give my opinion on this. It's not so much that the "faithful" put so much attention on this issue, its the pressure the gay community and everybody else that goes along with them saying "why not." It's not that bad, they just want to be normal like the rest of society. To the rest of society it's not normal. Gay people tend to be so much in your face with homosexuality. You don't see married couples have parades down the street celebrating thier togetherness. It would not be such a huge deal if they would have stayed in the closet, so to speak. I don't hate gay people, I think what they are doing is not the way to live a healthy life. Their are people that have come out of that lifestyle and go around the country speaking out the dangers of it.
Scooter has a great comment on this topic.
There's a bit that's off with some of what you state - to me, anyway. I would be willing to bet that the homosexuals you see in gay pride demonstrations or "...tend to be so much in your face with homosexuality" are not the norm of the gay community -- such in the way that Child molesting priests, Fred Phelps and Televangelists are not the norm of the religious community.

To the comment of "Staying in the closet" - though you may not be able to get your head around it (not saying this as an insult, as you're openly sharing your feelings and I have an idea of how you think about a few areas):

Think about if something that was a part of who you are was considered socially unacceptable by the majority. Something that was a part of the person you are to the core - where, in some instances, can get you ridiculed, beaten or even killed. Of course, I'm going to "pick on" your religion because I know how strong a religious faith you project in writing.

Imagine how Christians would feel if the U.S.A. was taken over by Muslim Fundamentalists. No, I'm not comparing Christian views on homosexuality to the violence you'll find with some other religions - I'm just trying to create as stark and familiar feelings of how impossible for you to hide your love for God.
Anyway, think about going out in public - always being on guard, watching what you say, what you do. Never being able to truly & fully relax - to be who you are - just because you are different than the majority.

Remember - I am not trying to sway your opinions on homosexuality or convince you to accept it - I am only using your words to show you how you may not be giving much open thought to the issue.

Page generated in 0.05500 seconds with 11 queries