View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2012, 04:10 PM   #148
aber61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott2.0 View Post
I was told by one of the Ned Flanders types to use Google, so I did.

"The Christian right is trying to rewrite the history of the United States as part of its campaign to force its religion on others. They try to depict the founding fathers as pious Christians who wanted the United States to be a Christian nation, with laws that favored Christians and Christianity.

This is patently untrue. The early presidents and patriots were generally Deists or Unitarians, believing in some form of impersonal Providence but rejecting the divinity of Jesus and the absurdities of the Old and New testaments."

Regardless of whether you believe the nation was founded by Christians, etc., it was certainly founded upon FREEDOM. No one can argue that, nor should they. Why would anyone want to deny another American the freedom to live their lives as they see fit? Everyone is entitled to their own values and beliefs, just don't let those spill over into other peoples' lives.
I do not see where Christians are attempting to rewrite history nor force religious beliefs on anybody. By keeping people informed of our history is not rewriting, but omitting history from school text books is rewriting history and the left is guilty of doing just that.
As for sharing the word of God with others is not forcing anybody to convert people. You have the ability to turn off the radio, TV or put your fingers in your ears and that is your choice and that is the freedom you talk about.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04365 seconds with 11 queries