View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:07 AM   #138
aber61

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by opie View Post
Who said its not OK to be Gay and who grants this individual that authority?

Why are all the die hard religious folk so quick to cast judgements? Doesn't the God that tells you homosexuality is wrong, the same one that tells you to "judge not?"

While I agree its not the business the the school to teach about gay sexuality, its not the business to teach any type of sexuality. Thats the parents job/responsibility.
According to Christians it is God who says it is wrong to have same sex attractions.
Is having a different opinion judging? If so why do you judge me for having a different opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinRRT View Post
Because it's your job to judge others based on his "words"?

Did you forget about the whole "He who has no sin, blah blah blah, glass house, blah blah, small rocks" thing?
It's not judging. You must be having feelings of conviction and guilt and the only way you can feel ok with yourself is to blame the Christians for your sin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opie View Post
So its religious persecution then?

"Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness." If Steve being with Steve makes both Steves happy, and the Steves want what they have called something so they can share in the same legal benefits Steve and Jane have because Steve and Jane are "married" in the eyes of the law, who grants you the authority to deny them their God given right? God may not agree with the Steves, but according to our founders, God did grant them this right and that right is protected.

What we need is a clear line of those who simply disagree with homosexuality, and those who don't care about homosexuality but do not want the union of two homosexuals called marriage. Personally I do not care what its called as long as a homosexual couple is afforded the same rights and protections as a straight married couple. It is their right.
Nobody is persecuting anybody. If having a different opinion is persecution then you need to see what happens to gay people in the muslim world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
My issue with gay instructional videos or whatever they are is one of roles.

It's the role of the parents - if and how they so choose - to teach kids about sexuality - even if some school administrator or social worker disagrees.

It is not the role of government to do so.
^^^^^ this
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06620 seconds with 11 queries