View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2012, 07:34 AM   #133
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
Your first statement is arrogant and incorrect. This nation was founded under the idea of religious freedom (including the choice of no religion). You will not find anything that mentions Jesus Christ in any of the originating documents and I don't think you will find anything that mentions God. The founding fathers refered to "Natures Law" when refering to a higher power when penning the originating documents. Also, proof of the Bible being used as a textbook in early classrooms or it didn't happen. Note: pulling "facts" from a uber Christian bullshit site doesn't coun't.
I repeat, read a book called "one nation under god". It is filled with quotes from the founding fathers and you will find many, many references to God in them. I haven't read the book in quite a while so I don't remember if there is reference to Jesus. But God, yes. I'll have to dig it out.

Chad,
I would want to meet the parents and I guess I would be cautious. I would not even be beyond bringing your concerns up to the couple. After all, it's your son, who cares if you offend them?

I have a neice who is gay. She has a daughter from a previous marriage. I can't really say I have observed anything unusaual. Other than her girlfriend knows more sports stats than most guys I know.

Page generated in 0.04556 seconds with 11 queries