Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - What is the best tow rig
View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #20
BeaverTown
Cuck Fancer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to BeaverTown

Quote:
Originally Posted by treky67 View Post
Personally i have a 2003 gm with the duramax, and allison and the truck is unbelievable. I love every bit of the truck, its got 450xxx kms and the only major problem the truck ever had was injectors. And that was under warranty. Also Gotsand i don't look at a lot of after market stuff but according to diesel power magazine and several other sources. The 5.9L cummins has less hp, and torque than the duramax and ford 6.0L, and gets lower fuel millage both loaded and unloaded, granted i will admit that the cummins will go forever. You can throw 1000$ at any tranny and make it supper strong, put 1000$ into an allison and your good for a shit load of hp and torque. But box stock to box stock i vote GM all the way. I get between 19-21 mpg unloaded and 16-17mpg loaded.
I drive an 02 CrewCab Duramax and have had the same experience. I had to put in a t-case at 185,000 though as well as the injectors at 90,000.
BeaverTown is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07068 seconds with 20 queries