Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Same Sex Marriage?
View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2012, 10:30 PM   #69
L4CX
Out for the Summer!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by computeruser View Post

Ok, but what about those of us who aren't Christians and/or do not interpret Christianity the same way that you do?

Given the choice I would prefer that the secular world be secular, and leave people to privately practice whatever beliefs they want without oversight or intrusion by the rest of us, so long as those beliefs don't harm unwilling participants.
Are you insinuating that not all Christians think that Christ is the only way into heaven? I can understand the universalism/Unitarian thought but if you call your self a Christian you should believe in Christ as God. What he says goes. "I am the way, the truth, and the life, No man comes to the father except through me". If you don't think he is the only way then you really don't believe what he is saying.

I'm just Curious. Not trying to butt into your conversation just wanted to clarify. It would just seem that someone who follows Christ would also believe what he said about eternity. If they only believed one or two things about what he said.....what makes just those one or two things true and the others not?

If you're talking about things like Baptism or Other sacraments, then yeah, total interpretation. But there are certain things that I would think would be mandatory to label your self a Christian.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06793 seconds with 20 queries