Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 1997 Ford F-350 Powerstroke 4x4 SOLD.
View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2012, 08:14 PM   #1
CatRover

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 1997 Ford F-350 Powerstroke 4x4 SOLD.

Reg cab long box 4x4. 185k miles, built auto trans. d60 front, sterling 10.25 rear. 3.55 gears. This has been my tow vehicle for over a year and has never once left me stranded. I've done a ton of maintenance to the truck and will include a list best I can remember.

Within the last 8-12k -

-All fluids changed with amsoil including brake fluid, gear fluid, trans fluid, engine oil.
-Front calipers, pads, rotors
-Rear shoes, pads, wheel cylinders
-Axle seals
-All drive shaft ujoints and front axle ujoints
-Coolant flush with added coolant filter
-Rear shackles and spring mounts
-Track bar bushings
-All tie rods and balljoints
-Water pump
-Lift pump
-Added a trailer brake controller

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things. Have also done a few simple mods for more power and better mpg. Large air filter, 3in downpipe, added a TW 6pos chip which will be removed or negotiated into price, idm mod, muffler delete. Has a decent aftermarket stereo with nice sounding speakers.

Now for the flaws -

-Has rust in all the normal spots. Truck was red at one time, and is obviously now black. Some paint has flaked off.
-Have to manually flash the blinkers
-Gas pedal is touchy, not really a flaw
-Bumper is a little tweaked
-Headliner is sagging
-Carpet could use a good cleaning
-AC needs a recharge
-Rear fuel tank leaks. I've always just ran the front
-ABS is non functioning.
-Cup holder is a little janky.

I bought this truck and put quite a bit of cash into making sure it was reliable as I didn't plan to sell it, but recently acquired a cummins.

Would like to see $4,200 FIRM out of the truck. If you don't like the price, shot me an offer what you feel it's worth. I'll more than likely add info to the ad the more thought I put into it.

If interested, give me a call or text and come take it for a test drive.

(231)750-0571

Rear tires will be replaced with matching BFG AT's before sold.

Last edited by CatRover; June 8th, 2012 at 09:47 PM.

Page generated in 0.07884 seconds with 20 queries