I am working a shutdown right now and a lot of overtime so I haven't done a whole lot. I am kind of picking away small things after work each night. So far tonight I accomplished the two center bars on the upper hoop, and bent up the front pillars and the last two supports for the upper hoop. I also made another brace in the rear and tacked that into place. Here are a few pics of it.
The last two pieces I talked about that I bent up are going to run from each side of the center hoop and go out to the corner area of both sides of the windshield of the cage. My hubs also came in this week, I didnt have much luck finding any 3/4 ton chevy ones on ebay or what not and came accross some of the big inner bearing ones because that was the spindle I had with bearings in them and good inner seals. I just need to pick up a set of external lockouts for it...I through up the idea of drive flanges, but If i break a shaft it would be nice to unlock the axle and be able to drive it a little ways. I also picked up a zinc plated stock size oil pan for the 351...I'll prb order a weiand intake for it later this week. Ruffstuff is having a mothers day sale so I finally bought the sterling disc brake brackets that I have been putting off as well today.