Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Trial for 9/11 terrorists is going to be a circus.
View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #37
L4CX
Out for the Summer!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
well, there is a little difference then between you and I. I treat other people the way I want to be treated. But unlike you and jesus, my enemies do not get any respect from me. They get treated the way they have treated me.
But you're not ok if your enemies treat you in the same way you have treated them? Just clarifying.

Quote:
In this case they have schemed and plotted to kill my fellow country men (innocent people at that), so I have no respect for them, they are not citizens of this country, so i do not care about their rights. They are the enemy, and their fellow man is continuing to plot against our country, your family could be next. How do you feel when that happens?
I would be very upset, grief stricken, and probably not function for a while. I would , however, find solace that they would be taken care of in a way that is just; Just as I would want to be treated if I were to do the same in another country, and even at the judgement throne.

Jesus talks about us being judged the way we judge others. I do not want to be judged in the way that you think it should go down. I know my standing with that judge and I'd rather get a trial then just have him punish me with out one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Yes, and the message I prefer to send is that we hold ourselves to a higher standard. That we don’t deny due process just because someone is not a citizen or is accused of a particularly horrible crime.
X2.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08742 seconds with 20 queries