View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2012, 07:10 AM   #28
kickstand
sHaMoNe!

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Well, I also read once that the same guy (Jesus) that said "Treat others the way you want to be treated " also said "Love your enemies as your self".

So should we treat muggers, murders, thieves and rapists with the same regard? They attack innocent people.

What they did was unforgivable and Heinous but That doesn't earn an exception to our legal system. Once you give way for exceptions to be made on a very strong (and warranted) emotion you open up a very dangerous box for our government to have way to much control based on nothing but emotion or hear say. Trials are there to ensure a law has actually been broken and to decide the punishment dictated by said laws. If we didn't follow that structure, we might as well just start killing ever guy that pisses us off Because there would be no reason for the law.

I hope, and am highly confident, that our justice system will work and these people will be punished.
well, there is a little difference then between you and I. I treat other people the way I want to be treated. But unlike you and jesus, my enemies do not get any respect from me. They get treated the way they have treated me.

In this case they have schemed and plotted to kill my fellow country men (innocent people at that), so I have no respect for them, they are not citizens of this country, so i do not care about their rights. They are the enemy, and their fellow man is continuing to plot against our country, your family could be next. How do you feel when that happens?
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04172 seconds with 11 queries