Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - What is the best tow rig
View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2012, 02:17 PM   #18
gotsand?
sie sehen mich rollin ...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to gotsand?

In my opinion cummins is where its at for power and average fuel econ....as long as you get the 5.9

Now, the wrapper sucks (Dodge) as does the front end (but that is fixable) the 48re trans (if you go auto) is alot stronger than an allison (after about $1k in upgrades, $2k if you have it done).

I have an 04.5 and love it, I have a chunk of change into my trans, fuel pump and front end though, I can haul circles around any chevy or ford.....dont get me wrong, they are nice trucks, but if I wanted a ride like a car I would buy a car and as far as Ford, I just prefer the reputation of the cummins.

Do your research and you will find good and bad in all 3, you have to make your decision, they all have their issues......but I will end with this, you see all sorts of the big diesel pulling trucks (all makes) that swap in the cummins, they go through all of that work to swap over to a cummins, but you never see anyone that swaps over to a powerstroke or duramax....
gotsand? is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07419 seconds with 20 queries