Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - F150 SAS Truggy
Thread: F150 SAS Truggy
View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #108
jeepxj2007

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepxj2007

I got a lot done this weekend but not as much time on the truck as I wanted to spend. I did get the power all set up for my new welder out there and that is good to go. I started on my interior cage this weekend and got a lot knocked out of it.

I started by crossing the main hoop to brace itself, and a spreader bar at the bottom to keep the feet from spreading too much...

I also made the bottom plates that bolt up to the main hoop and cut a hole in the floor so I can tie it into the frame. I was originally going to tie it into the rocker slider main support on the rear but I decided it is just as easy to run it into the frame and it will probably be a lot stronger and give the tube structure one more place that it is tied into the original frame...

I also bent up the main upper hoop above where your head will be...It fits very tight to the contour of the cab. You can see that there is probably about 3 inches above it yet, and the 180 hoop is going a different direction. I did that on purpose. I am going to come off of that with 4 different pieces, 2 running with the vehicle and two coming from both sides of center travelling at about 45 degrees forward and at each end they will have a bend that will drop down into the front of the upper hoop and that way it fits as tight to the top of the cab as possible and as far forward as possible without interferring the windshield. It looks like it hangs down far in the glass but it is a good 9 inches above line of sight from where I will be looking level...

Here is a pic from behind,from where I am standing it makes it look like the upper hoop is crooked compared to the windshield, but it isn't, this pic made me even go check it with a angle finder versus what the other hoops and the frame is and its exact, its starting to look a bit ridiculous with all the tube on it, I am going to try to finish up the cage this week and the rockers so that is all set, and get the drivetrain back in it.

I picked up a set of hubs and bearings, for the front that I will probably put on later this week, and a summit racing zinc oil pan to start cleaning the motor up some.

Last edited by jeepxj2007; May 6th, 2012 at 08:57 PM.
jeepxj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07981 seconds with 20 queries