I made a shake-down run at the dunes last weekend, so before we went I stretched it out the best I could. The front bumps were fine and I threw some ¼” plate on top of the u-bolt plates in the rear. This was as far as I dared to go on the rear. I can’t wait to open these wheelwells up more.
I only had my kids and I wasn’t carrying my spare so I figured it would be okay. I was mostly right, I only hit a few times and the damage was minimal.
The biggest reason was the crappy bump stops bent on the harder impacts.
I had more time to improve bump stop Version 2.0, these should hold up a little better.
We did get to see the aftermath of an F250 and 6’ of air… ya, that’s the axle out there in front of the bumper.