Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Are we Going Forward or Backwards
View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2012, 12:37 PM   #15
L4CX
Out for the Summer!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by osteologation View Post
I think the people would be the shareholders crying for blood.
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
I think you need to clarify here.

A sole proprietor typically is a privaterly owned company where the owner or proprietor runs the business exactly how he or she sees fit.

A CEO typically reports to a board of directors. He isn't a dictator and doesn't get to just impose his will wherever he sees fit. Often when a large organization goes down the CEO is actually one of the people they may be on the chopping block unless the board of directors sees it fit to make widespread cutbacks, layoffs, restructuring etc.
True. In the Organization I work for, our CEO is responsible to the board but also is trusted to run the camp the way he sees fit as long as he stays with in the Boards parameters.

I still don't think a CEO to Employee parallels is Accurate to our government. If anything, as Ostelersomething said, it's more CEO to board (Or share holder) as a good parallel. In this instance though, that puts the responsibility on the board (the Citizens) to make the proper choice for the CEO. I've witnessed what happens to a Organization that has a board that doesn't know what they are doing. You can hire any amount of CEO's but it wont' help if the board is still making poor choices.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05792 seconds with 20 queries