View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2012, 05:21 AM   #38
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadey View Post
I wheel like I mean it and still always manage to make it home. The first weekend I really beat on it I got lifted out by the loader while missing a wheel. I still managed to drive it home. I've got to say that I've meet some awesome people this way. If you break there will be someone nice enough to help you home. I don't like breaking like anyone else but its nice to know others have your back. I say drive if you have too or trailer if you can, but either way have fun.
This is only partially true. Once you get a reputation of always breaking your shit and expecting others to bail you out, you will gradually find less people willing to give up their day of wheeling to help you. Helping a person in a jam or a newbie is one thing. Wasting my precious day off work to help someone who is irresponsible is another.

I expect those I wheel with to be self sufficient. I'll always lend a hand or loan a part or tool. But if they want to wheel hard without being prepared, they don't often get invited again.

Page generated in 0.04763 seconds with 11 queries