Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Neither Skinny Nor Pretty -- DEAK Racing 4517 Ultra 4 Mod Class Rig
View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2012, 12:16 PM   #112
JohnnyJ
Low Range Drifter

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Bangler View Post
Are you swapping the front over to 8-lug or the rear to 5-lug? Are you going to narrow the 14B?
Moving everything to 8-lug. I traded my original axles to Mike Haines for a set of uncut axles. He wanted narrowed 5-lug axles and we wanted full-width so it made sense. The rear axle has been the kink in the plan, but it's going forward now.

Plan is for full width to get stability and room for packaging shocks. We will be running 17s, which seem to normally have more backspacing than 15" wheels to help narrow it some. Definitely not running full widths on 2" backspace wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Looks like this should be ready for the 2013 season.
Ouch. We need to have lunch again sometime because I've had your pliers in my truck since a day or two after we last met up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosejockey4506 View Post
we put a truss like that on rogers jeep and it twisted all up after a few rides defiantly not enough.
Interesting. Was there a tie-in to the pinion guard? Just trying to scope the line between working and failing.

What's strange is that Jesse has this same basic setup on his buggy and it's been fine. We figured we might need a bit more since this will get driven harder than trail rig, but that it would be a good start.

Page generated in 0.06588 seconds with 20 queries